Joy Baby

I don’t usually do this, but I have to tell you. I love my baby.

She is rapidly leaving babyhood behind as she approaches her first birthday in June. She does everything rapidly. She crawls so quick that at least once a day, I run in a panic around my house looking for her. She could walk if she trusted herself, but she isn’t quite ready to let go of both handholds at the same time.

She’s got strawberry blonde hair and big brown eyes. Right now, with cottage cheese on her chin, she’s yelling at me for putting her on the opposite side of the baby gate than me. She eats everything: spinach, zucchini, amaranth, bananas, leaves, rubber bands. The other day, she pooped a sticker.

My baby poops happy face stickers.

Sure, she probably ate it first, but don’t ruin this for me.

Odie and I call her “Joy Baby.” She’s almost always happy. She laughs hard and loud at her big sister and tummy raspberries. Just yesterday I noticed that she doesn’t have a baby shape anymore. Her legs don’t bow out like before. She has the body of a walker. She’s going to be a little girl soon.

Monkey is another nickname. She climbs everything she encounters, continually amazing me with her balance and caution. This morning, after waking me way too early, she crawled to the end of our bed, rolled onto her tummy and slid feet first to the floor.

She says: Hi, Mum-mum (that’s me), Da-da, cat, dog, yeah, and num.

SHE CAN REACH THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON MY COMPUTER.

She claps, points to her tummy when prompted, and grins with her eight teeth.  She is the best part of every day.

I love my three year-old equally and differently. She’s more complicated. Let me put it this way: Viva’s nickname is Cuckoo Bird.

This entry was posted in I forgot to call this something. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Joy Baby

1. Rosemary S. says:

Your Pringles is b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l…………as is your blog about her! I’m glad I got to see her, before you take her picture down!

2. Yay!!! So happy I got to see before you took the picture down! She’s an old soul.

3. Chelsea says:

We have similar girls. My firstborn is STUBBORN and OPINIONATED and BRILLIANT, and my second one is pure joy. One day she had every right to be sad/angry, but she was in a good mood anyway. Grumpy #1 asked her why she wasn’t upset, and Happy #2 said, “I’m choosing to be joyful!”

4. Julie says:

Awww, she is so cute! And my girls are the same way. I love them both exactly the same, but they could not be more different from each other in every single way. Some good, some not so good. 🙂

5. Jenny says:

She’s adorable. I was just today realizing my 10 month old has lost so much of her “babyness” and is becoming a big girl. Where did the time go?

6. kelly says:

Sweet post, sweet picture. I see character and personality in that pretty little face.

7. Rosie says:

What an adorable baby!

8. Adelae says:

Look at those eyes!

And I know all about the running around the house in a panic. My two year old is just tall enough to reach the deadbolt on our front door. Looking for her, seeing my front door open, and running to the backyard to find her happily playing was the longest thirty seconds of my life. All our doors have higher latches now.

9. Auntie M says:

I am so glad I checked while Pringles is still on display in all her impish, stunningly beautiful glory! She is so pretty. Her eyes are really lovely! You can see the joy. Have fun!

10. That is a great picture. I love how adamant she seems about something.

11. Jen B. says:

What a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

12. Meghan2 says:

Feel free to NOT post this especially if you don’t want people all over your old posts but…. I needed somthing quick an entertaining to read and so I went back to your first blog. Saw a picture of 10 month old “Baby V” and wanted to say your daughters defiinitely look like sisters. Same shaped head, shape of eyes and mouth area. Too cute. Based only on that one picture, besides the fact that “V’s” hair is darker, born at the same time they could have been identical twins. lovely the both of them!